Michigan higher standards are supported by virtually every Michigan education, business, civic, parent and military organization that is actively involved in student achievement. This includes groups representing:
- Teachers, principals, superintendents and local school boards, who say the standards are already improving instruction while better preparing our students for college and career
- Universities and community colleges, who say Career- and College- Ready Standards will lower remediation rates for incoming students
- Traditional public schools and charter schools, who sometimes disagree on education policy but are united on higher standards
- Parents, including PTA Michigan, who want to increase education and job opportunities for their children
- Business leaders, who say the standards are critical to Michigan’s economic recovery
- Education advocates, like the Education Trust-Midwest, who say the standards will help narrow achievement gaps
- Military families, whose service routinely results in their children attending multiple schools in different states.
To see a list of coalition members and supporters in Michigan look here.